MY POSSIBLE SELF LIMITED (”We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of privacy laws, the data controller is My Possible Self Limited, which is a company registered in England under company number 06823416. Our registered office and main trading address is Cardale House, Cardale Park, Beckwith Head Road, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG3 1RY.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.mypossibleself.com or www.my-possible-self.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you subscribe to our service, place an order on our site, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, and information that you upload to our self-help app.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our marketing website (but not the site via which we provide our paid for content or the related apps) we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Other information. We collect information about how many of our customers are using which modules and other parts of our paid for services; that information is not recorded against particular customers.
Uses made of this information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information in the ways described in clause 10 of our Contract Terms (see www.my-possible-self.com/terms) and so that we can comply with our obligations under the Contract Terms
- Information we collect about you (as described above). We will use this information for our legitimate business interests which include:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to check that you appear to be UK based so that we avoid providing services to you which may be inappropriate
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device you use to enjoy our services
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about our goods or services that may interest you or them
- Other information. We use information about how many of our customers are using which modules and other parts of our paid for services in aggregated forms (and independently of any user’s name or other personal identifier) for our legitimate business interests, including to report on overall use or our services and to decide how to improve our services.
Disclosure of your information
- Information you give to us. We have the right to share and disclose this personal information in the ways described in clause 10 of our Contract Terms www.my-possible-self.com/terms.
- Information we collect about you. You agree that we have the right to share the personal information we collect about you (but not the information you give to us, for instance by using our services), under terms of confidentiality, with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose the personal information we collect about you to third parties:
- In the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the buyer of such business or assets.
- If My Possible Self Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
Whilst we take the security of your data very seriously, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We also separate data that could identify you, such as email address, from data you have entered into our paid for services. This is to minimise any damage caused by any potential data-breaches
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. We will not disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent processing of your data for our marketing purposes by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us via this page www.my-possible-self.com/contact.
You have the following rights:
- A right to request us to provide access to, rectification of or erasure of your personal data
- A right to restrict or object to your personal data being processed
- A right to portability of your personal data
- A right to withdraw your consent to any processing of your personal data (where that data is processed based on your consent) and
- A right to complain to the Information Commissioner
The above rights are important. You can find out more about them by visiting this website: https://ico.org.uk and searching for the topic that interests you.
There is no statutory requirement for you to provide your personal data to us but we do need your personal data to enter a contract with you. If you do not provide personal data we need to perform our obligations (or exercise our rights) under any contract with you, we will not provide the services.
The reasons we need your email address under our Contract Terms (see www.my-possible-self.com/terms) are as follows:
- To manage your access to our services
- To manage payment and payment issues (for credit card and PayPal payments only)
- To manage contractual issues
- To tell you about any notifiable data breaches
Other uses of your email address and other personal data you may enter into the app are stored based on consent.
If you delete your email address having subscribed to our services and do not replace your email with a valid alternative email address at the same, time this have the effect of deleting your account. Under clause 7.2 of our Contract Terms (see www.my-possible-self.com/terms) you would not be entitled to a refund of any subscription fees paid in advance.
We do not use automated decision-making to make any legal decisions related to you. We do not profile you either internally or against any other external resources.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The law gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the law. Any access request will be subject to the fee permitted by law to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
How long we will keep your data
We will keep data you give us until it is to be deleted under clause 10.4 of our Contract Terms (see www.my-possible-self.com/terms). We will keep data we collect about you until it ceases to have reasonable relevance for our business.
Data protection officer/contact
We have a Data Protection Officer and you can contact him/her via these contact details firstname.lastname@example.org, which allow you to communicate about data protection issues. We are unable to respond to other communications, including about your mood or health. If you have a serious mental health condition or are at risk of harming yourself or another person, you should seek urgent medical advice from either your treating medical practitioner, a mental health care professional, an emergency department of a hospital or, if in immediate danger, call the emergency services.